Come Work With Us
If you are honest, hard working, reliable, friendly and like working in a team environment, we’d love to hear from you!
We have three positions currently available:
We are looking for an experienced bar tender to join our lively team at The Nightjar Festival as a Bar Supervisor/Manager for our Torquay festivals each Thursday from 3:00pm-11:00pm throughout January.
The successful candidate would be responsible for overseeing the running of the bar and bar staff. The individual needs to be outgoing and fun with a “can do” attitude and enjoys giving the best customer service to a variety of customers. Experience in the industry is a must. Previous bar management experience is essential with the ability to maintain beer systems and changing of kegs. The successful applicant will have the ability to manage a team of staff in a high paced and cohesive environment. Leading through example, the bar manager will ensure a happy, friendly and inviting persona from staff at all times!
To be successful in this position you will:
- have previous experience working at a festival and/or in a high paced environment
- knowledge of the food and beverage industry including the ability to change kegs
- excellent customer service and communication
- ability to lead a team
- willingness to dress up in the spirit of the Nightjar Festival
- hold a current RSA certificate
Gate Traffic Warden
We are looking for a Gate Traffic Warden to work on our contractor/stallholder gate during bump in for our Torquay festivals each Thursday from 8:30am-3:00pm throughout January.
To be successful in this position, you will need to be able to demonstrate good judgment, the ability to work under pressure, be assertive and have a high-level of communication skills, as well as a customer service-focus.
We are seeking a person who can demonstrate:
- the ability to work quickly in a high paced environment
- excellent customer service and communication skills
- initiative and able to ‘think on their feet’
- ability to work as part of a team
The Gate Crew are an integral part of the Nightjar Team as the first point of contact for all entering the festival and ensuring the atmosphere is energetic, warm, friendly and welcoming for all.
As a gate member your primary responsibility is to ensure that patrons pay entry, are counted entering and leaving the festival, and are stamped when entering the festival. At our new ‘The Fourth Night’ festival you will be required to scan tickets ensuring they have been purchased via the correct purchasing authority.
As the first point of contact for the festival, gate crew should endeavour to ensure they dress in colour and wear fancy dress with glitter where possible!
- Record all patrons (including children) entering the festival via the Tally counter supplied by Nightjar.
- Record all patrons (including children) leaving the festival via the Tally counter supplied by Nightjar.
- Stamp all Patrons who have paid to enter the festival.
- Charge Patrons over the age of 12 entry fee of $5 when entering the festival.
- Relieve Gate Crew for Dinner and Toilet breaks as required.
- Report any suspect behavior to Security at the gate
- Ensure all large amounts of money are secure in the locked tubes supplied.
- Advise Head Gate girl when low on change ($5 and $10 notes).
- Contact Area Warden where required as per your induction manual
The Fourth Night
- Scan all tickets entering the festival
- Stamp all patrons leaving the festival as a pass out for re-entry.
- Record all patrons including children entering the festival via the Tally counter supplied by Nightjar.
- Record all patrons leaving including children the festival via the Tally counter supplied by Nightjar
In addition you may be required to assist management with additional tasks that may arise on the night and or relieve staff in other locations as required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Skills – Happy, friendly, welcoming personalities with the ability to count and change money.
Experience – No Previous Experience required.
If you would like to apply for one of these positions, please follow this link and complete the application form –> http://www.nightjarfestival.com.au/staff-application/
If you have any questions please contact us –> http://www.nightjarfestival.com.au/contact/
Nightjar Festival Dates:
Thursday, January 4th
Thursday, January 11th
Thursday, January 18th
Thursday, January 25th